Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Ponderings...

Today I am pondering Christmas....hence the title of today's post. Christmas for some is stressful full of impending debt. Not for me. I love buying things for others expecially for my children. I love to watch my children open up the gifts with so much enthusiasm. Then my heart melts when they remember to say thank you with out any reminder from me.

So far I have been very traditional in our Christmas celebration. Gifts under a decorated tree, visiting with families, making cookies...the whole Santa bit. But you see my little girl is three this year. She is understanding so much and is also remembering everything. What do I want to instill in this little girl, who do I want her to be when she is grown. I need to change things...I can feel it in my heart when I'm reading Natalie and Elijah the story of Saint Nickolas....even the Veggie tales version. Something is missing...something isn't right.

I will do some research and find out all I can about "Christamas". I will have to have Steven on my side....I will have to change.

No comments: