Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Natalie!

All I have to say here is that she is TWO!
I would say she is in the terrible two's but I promised myself I would never ever say that! So she is in the - never get sleepy, run circles around momma, doesn't want to eat her vegetables, and wants to get her way two's - !
I could also call it the "thankful two's" - This little girl is soooo polite! She always say's "Thank You" to everybody for anything - She always say's Excuse me when she burps and when she .....er well...you know! She tells everyone "Bless you" if they sneeze or cough or even grunt.
She is an amazing little girl and she teaches me something new everyday!
She can say her ABC's (and even identify most of those letters) She can count to ten!
She knows that dishes belong in the sink - she often picks mine up for me and say's "Sink O.K." and I tell her "O.K" and she packs all the dishes to the sink!
Yesterday she packed her brothers humidifier to the sink also!
She really enjoys playing outside - to the point to where we have to spell the word! She also knows the way to the park - so when we get in the car she say's "This way" "Park" - and if you don't turn that way she will try and convince you that you are going the wrong way, by saying, No, NO , NO....This way!
The other day I had her and her brother down for a nap and I thought I could get a good shower before they woke up -
Well, as soon as I stepped into the shower I hear a thud at the door - I open it and Natalie looks up at me and says, "My Hungry" - It was so cute! frustrating but cute!
Natalie loves to puddle jump - when we go outside she always has to wear her rain boots - because if there is mud or water she will be in it no matter the temperature!
We finally told Natalie about Santa! I was really apprehensive about it, because I don't like the idea of lying to my child and I still feel guilty, but she did have fun with it. I do remember when I found out Santa wasn't real - and I wasn't hurt too bad and I lived. So maybe I will keep it up, but I may change my mind next year....not sure.
Natalie really likes animals and bugs and lizards. Whew, I have to get my wits about me with this girl!
Natalie loves to read and play pretend. She likes to build with blocks with her daddy.
She also likes to watch T.V. Not something that I'm real proud of, but it's working for us at the moment. Right now her favorite show is Kung Fu Panda - of all things! But soon it will have to go back to Netflix.
Natalie plays well with other children, but other kids can be mean. We have taught her not to push, but other parents seem to think that pushing is a major milestone or something. So when a child pushes her down, she say's, "No, Stop it, I don't like it" I'm so proud of her, but boy do I just want to take those kids by the ear and march them over to the parents or better yet just spank them myself! It's really hard watching my sweet girl get pushed.
Natalie also likes to jump on my bed (it's big enough for her not to hit the wall).
If you close your eyes for just a few seconds she will shout, "Wake UP" Wake UP" until you open your eyes. It's a game her daddy started one Saturday morning, so he can stay in bed a little longer.
So this is what I have about Natalie! Hope you enjoyed it. Yes, I will be posting some pictures, maybe even a video if I can get it on here....
Now I'm off to start on Elijah's Update!

3 comments:

The Northrups said...

I loved reading that. It helps me set up my expectations acurately :-) We are in the stage where Madalyn yells loudly whenever she wants something. I can't wait until she can tell me what she wants!

Family of Franks said...

LOL! It doesn't stop when they can talk! She does really good a lot of the time - even saying please! - But then again when she wants something she just keeps repeating it over and over!

Becca said...

I don't really like for my son to watch tv either. But I have also had to come to the realization that sometimes modern technology is a mother's best friend! Don't beat yourself up over letting Natalie watch a bit of tv. I know you, and Steven, and you won't let her watch anything that will actually harm her sweet spirit. And I can sympathize with other kids on the playground. I know my child is not perfect, but when he is behaving, and acting like a GOOD child, and then someone else comes up and acts like a heathen, and takes it out on my son, it makes me so angry. If you come up with a good way to handle this, let me know, please!